Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year Envisions

As a new year is now upon us, this means that the deadline for Call of the God: An Exploration of the Divine Masculine within Modern Paganism only has a month to go for submissions to be received.  Already I have felt extremely blessed and privileged to receive those which have appeared in my inbox thus far, and as such, work has commenced in respect to the possible sequence.
 
 
If you have missed the original call for submissions, you still have until 31 January 2015 to get something to me - more details as to what I am hoping to receive for this anthology packed the testosterone can be found here
 
While I am waiting on receipt of submissions for Call of the God, I have started work on what I had thought was "the book I wasn't going to write" - that being a 101 book on Wicca (at least the modern interpretation of it as opposed from traditional initiatory Craft).  In all honesty, I do not think that I am actually capable of writing a "101" book (at least by the standards of some of the more popular examples that are on the market these days) - what I do hope to produce is a "foundational guide" for the "genuine novice" who by time, space or even desire, seeks solitary means to establish their relationship with the bumps and blemishes of the Craft.
 
How close I come to meeting this brief, or indeed completing what could actually appear to be a simple distraction from other tasks (after all  such "distractions" resulted in Dancing the Sacred Wheel: A Journey through the Southern Sabbats taking nearly 10 years to write and get published), only time will tell - especially in light that this new year will already see me present a number of workshops and lectures around the country, including an interactive workshop on the Goddess at the WEA Adult Learning here in Adelaide on Sunday, 15 March 2015 (bookings for this workshop are essential and need to be made by 4 March 2015 - details can be found on their web site), as well as an appearance at the Seven Sisters Festival in Victoria later in March 2015.
 
My delving into all things testosterone do not appear to be a one-off this year as on Tuesday, 5 May 2015, I will be presenting a talk on the wild aspect of the Divine Masculine, the God, at the Pagans in the Pub (held at the Hotel Metropolitan in Grote Street), a lead-up to my July workshop on the Wild God that will be held around Saturday, 18 July 2015 (details of which will be made available when they come to hand).  Over the October long weekend, I am also currently booked to present a workshop at the 32rd AWC (which will be held in South Australia).  The subject of this presentation has yet to be confirmed.

There is also a second book that is waiting patiently in the wings, and that will be my collection of notes and essays about the darker aspects of the Goddess - a topic that I have been writing about and presenting workshops on since 2003.  One version of my "Encountering the Dark Goddess" workshop will be taking place in the beautiful Barossa Valley (just north of Adelaide) on Sunday, 1 March 2015 where participants will journey to meet four such Goddesses - Kali, Ereshkigal, Medusa and Hekate.
 
More details about this workshop will be found at The Goddess House when they become available.
 
With all that appears to  be happening, it is little wonder that there is another focus for this new year that I am being drawn to and that is my own spiritual practice.  While it may not always be possible, I do try to "walk my talk" and while I have had a bit of extra spare time on my hands of late, this has meant re-assessing various aspects in my life and how to make things actually achievable.  As such, I wrote the following about walking gently on the earth as a way to at least commence this merging of the mundane and the spiritual.